Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bangor ME
Contact the David Bate Law Office immediately if you would like to discuss your case with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME riders trust. David Bate is a personal injury lawyer who has served the Bangor community since 1994.
Taking Your Motorcycle Accident Claim to Court
If you have sustained a serious injury in a motorcycle accident you may be wondering if you’ll have to go to court. Most of the time this isn’t necessary. However, sometimes it is in order to recover damages from the negligent driver.
Not every personal injury attorney is willing to go to court, but David Bate is committed to protecting the rights of his clients. As a Bangor ME motorcycle accident lawyer, David is very familiar with the challenges that riders face on the road. Call him at (207) 945-3233 to make an appointment for a free case review.
Go to Court or Settle?
This may not be an easy decision. It’s important to discuss your options with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Bangor ME. David Bate makes it a practice to consider the best interests of his client. After examining your case in-depth, he will develop a legal strategy with the goal of obtaining the best possible outcome. For some motorcycle accident victims, pursuing a lawsuit is the right decision. For others, having their attorney negotiate a settlement is the right decision. It will depend on the circumstances of your case.
Very often the decision to settle or to take it court rests on these factors:
- Is the victim likely to recover more damages by negotiating a settlement or winning a lawsuit? A motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME bikers turn to in similar cases will know if there is a cap on the total dollar amount that a plaintiff can win in a lawsuit. Compare that to how much your case is worth and it may help you decide which avenue to pursue.
- How much will it cost the victim to go to trial versus negotiate a settlement (which is usually costlier)? As a motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME residents rely on for legal representation, David Bate can provide you with an honest assessment of what you stand to gain.
- How long will the court case take to resolve as compared to a settlement negotiation (which is usually faster)? If the victim has medical bills piling up and has lost wages due to their injury, they may want to fast track the recovery of their damages. David is a motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME insurance companies respect. Regardless of whether you take your case to court or enter into negotiation, he will expedite the process as much as possible.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME locals trust can tell you from experience that bikers are more likelier to suffer an injury than someone riding in a car. As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- Bikers are 26 times likelier to die in a vehicle accident.
- Bikers are five time likelier to be injured as compared to passengers in cars.
- Bikers are at risk for injury or death in 80% of motorcycle accidents.
It’s an unfortunate fact that injuries from a motorcycle accident are not always immediately apparent. This can cause the victim to suffer even more harm if they don’t seek immediate medical attention, and if they settle with the insurance company before they realize their medical costs, they may have to pay out of pocket. It’s critically important to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME victims work with before you agree to a settlement.
- After a motorcycle accident, even if you think you are fine, see a doctor immediately for a comprehensive exam.
- What may at first appear to be minor symptoms can quickly escalate when in fact you’ve suffered a serious injury. For example, a minor headache can lead to unconsciousness, depending on the nature of the injury. See a doctor before this happens.
- An exam that includes X-rays, a CT scan, or an MRI can locate injuries that are not outwardly visible, including brain injuries which can be incapacitating or fatal.
Injuries Commonly Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle accident is different because there are unique circumstances involved. However, several types of injuries are more common than others among bikers hurt in accidents. These injuries underscore the importance of seeing a doctor and talking to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Bangor ME about your legal options. If you have sustained any of the following injuries, an attorney from our firm may be able to help you recover your damages from the at-fault party:
- Head or brain injury. The human brain is complicated and not fully understood, even by seasoned medical professionals. For example, you may have sustained a concussion and not even be aware of it. You could potentially exacerbate the injury by consuming alcohol or overexerting your body which could have devastating results. Recovery from brain injuries can be a long process and require extensive medical treatment, including physical rehabilitation. A Bangor motorcycle accident lawyer such as David Bate can make sure that if you will require these ongoing or future medical treatment that those costs are included in a settlement or lawsuit.
- Soft tissue injury. This is commonly referred to as whiplash and is extremely common in vehicle accidents when a person’s head is whipped forward and backwards with great force. The damage it causes can affect neural pathways to the extremities and cause spinal paralysis. A motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME offers can refer you to a doctor who is familiar with this type of injury and can provide documentation for your case s well as medical care.
- Emotional injury. One of the most common is also one of the hardest to diagnose and that’s post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD from a motorcycle accident can make it impossible to get back on a motorcycle. It can also cause extreme depression, anxiety, and anger. PTSD can affect every relationship in your life. PTSD does not always develop right away, and can worsen dramatically over time if left untreated. A motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME respects can include pain and suffering as well as counseling as damages in your claim or lawsuit.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bangor ME Can Count On
Your very first priority after receiving medical attention for your motorcycle accident injury should be to contact a motorcycle attorney in Bangor ME. David Bate will help protect your rights and make every effort to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your damages. Call the David Bate Law Office today at (207) 945-3233 to meet with a motorcycle accident lawyer Bangor ME community members have appreciated since 1994.