Personal Injury Lawyer Maine
Personal Injury Lawyer Maine
If you have been in an accident and injured, call me, David Bate, the personal injury lawyer Maine knows and trusts. If I am not available in my office, you can reach me on my cell phone, 207-478-1093, almost any time. If I cannot answer your call because I am in court or it is after office hours, send me a text message on my cell and I will get back to you as soon as I can. We will discuss your case at no charge because there is no fee unless I recover compensation for you.
Understand one thing about insurance companies. To them, it’s all about money. They hate it when you hire a lawyer – it’s the last thing they want to see — because then they have to pay counseled claimants like you more money. Insurance adjusters try everything to make early contact and falsely reassure injured persons in an attempt to sabotage their claim. In Maine, insurance adjusters can secretly record their phone calls and get you to say things to devalue your claim. They may sound nice, but their job is to save their company money at your expense. You need the personal injury lawyer Maine uses to stand between you and outright corporate greed.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
As a personal injury lawyer Maine trusts, I have represented clients with a wide variety of personal injury cases. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are legally responsible for keeping the premises safe for everyone. If they don’t, slip and fall accidents are more likely to occur. For example, if a milk spill at a grocery store doesn’t get cleaned up immediately, a customer could slip on it and get injured.
- Car Accidents: As long as I’ve been a personal injury lawyer in Maine, I’ve represented clients injured in car accidents. Many car accidents occur when a driver is distracted, speeding or acts in another negligent way. Head injuries, whiplash, broken limbs, and other serious injuries can result from car accidents.
- Workplace Accidents: People can also get injured at work. Whether it’s caused by a falling object or machine entanglement, employees who get hurt at work have a right to file a workers comp claim. If an employee’s boss is denying the claim or not offering a fair settlement, that person may want to see a personal injury lawyer Maine respects.
- Medical Malpractice: When doctors and medical professionals act carelessly when looking after patients, injuries can occur. There are several types of medical malpractice that can occur, including surgical errors, misdiagnosis, incorrect medications, and anesthesia errors. A personal injury lawyer Maine respects may help people who are victims of malpractice.
- Dog Bites: Dog bites can lead to broken bones, puncture wounds, and other injuries. People who were bitten by someone else’s dog may have a right to bring a lawsuit against the owner.
When to Call a Lawyer
The best time to call a lawyer is now. You know that the insurance company is out investigating your claim and you to see what damage they can do your case. Hiring an attorney early gives counsel the opportunity to do your own investigation, protect your rights, and get the insurance company off your back. If you have delayed in calling an attorney, better late than never: Call a personal injury lawyer Maine relies on to get their case on track.
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
As an experienced Maine personal injury lawyer, I have helped people recover many types of damages for their personal injuries, including:
- Medical Bills: Past and future medical bills may be recovered in a personal injury lawsuit. It’s important for personal injury victims to keep copies of their medical bills so that they receive the compensation they need.
- Lost Wages: Sometimes personal injuries are severe enough that they force a person to take time off from work. If a personal injury has caused a person to miss time from work, As a personal injury lawyer Maine relies on, I may be able to help him or her recover these lost wages.
- Property Damage: It’s possible for a person’s personal property to get damaged during an accident. For example, if a person is involved in a car accident and his or her vehicle endures major damage, he or she may be able to get compensated for that damage with the help of a personal injury lawyer Maine depends on.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for pain and suffering may be awarded in cases where the victim’s tangible losses cannot fully compensate for their intangible suffering.
It is well-known that most personal injury cases never go to trial. The insurance companies negotiate settlement to avoid lawyers’ fees and the risk of an overly generous jury award. The only way to get a fair settlement is to get the aggressive investigation skills and advocacy of an experienced lawyer. I have been trained and have years of experience investigating claims and protecting the rights of injured parties. Let me, the personal injury lawyer Maine comes to, ensure that you get the settlement you deserve.
If you can’t travel
It is so important that representation start immediately that I quite often will meet clients outside my office and after hours. Sometimes a car accident will leave you without transportation or, even worse, incapacitated or hospitalized. That need not inhibit your ability to protect yourself. You don’t have to give the insurance company an advantage. In most cases, I can meet with you the same day that you call. I make time because timing is crucial. Because of early meetings with injured clients, I have seen case values doubled and losing cases won.
David Bate: A Personal Injury Lawyer Maine Residents Trust
I only accept representation when I know I can help the client. That way, my clients know their cases have my full attention. If an accident scene needs to be investigated, only in rare cases does that take more than a day. That way, you know that responsible parties will not be able to deny liability and avoid compensating you for your injuries.
Call and find out why I am the personal injury lawyer Maine is proud to have fighting for injured parties.