Wrongful Death Lawyer Maine
If your family member died because of another person’s negligence, you deserve to talk to a reputable wrongful death lawyer Maine respects. An experienced lawyer may help you file a wrongful death lawsuit and obtain compensation for your loss. A lawsuit will not bring your loved one back, but it may at least bring the negligent party to justice.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is filed against an individual who may be responsible for another person’s death. If a wrongful death lawyer Maine trusts can prove that the defendant was negligent in his or her actions at the time of the death, the deceased person’s family members are entitled to compensation.
Wrongful death cases can involve a variety of fatal accidents, including car accidents, product liability, and medical malpractice. There is a statutes of limitations for every wrongful death claim. In Maine, if you do not file a claim within two years, you may lose your right to compensation.
How Much Compensation Can I Obtain?
The amount of compensation you obtain from a wrongful death claim will depend on the types of damages the death caused. Here are common damages that family members sue for in wrongful death cases:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Cost of medical expenses before death
- Loss of financial support the deceased would have provided
- Loss of emotional support
After a wrongful death lawyer Maine counts on investigates your case, he or she may give you an estimate of the compensation you are entitled to.
What Are the Advantages of Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Maine?
Yes, it is possible to handle a wrongful death claim on your own. However, it may not be in your best interest to do so. A wrongful death case can be quite complex, and it is easy to make mistakes if you do not have a legal background. Hiring an experienced wrongful death lawyer Maine relies on comes with many advantages, including:
- Obtaining Necessary Evidence: In order to prove that your family member’s death was caused by negligence, you must present proper evidence. An experienced Maine wrongful death lawyer knows the type of evidence that’s needed, and may hire an investigator or forensic specialist to dissect the case further and gather the necessary evidence.
- Higher Settlement Amount: If you work with a reputable wrongful death lawyer, you may receive a higher settlement amount. A lawyer with experiences knows the value of your case, and may fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
- No Fees If You Don’t Win: Many wrongful death lawyers work on a contingency fee. That means that he or she takes a percentage of the money you are awarded from the lawsuit. If you don’t win, you aren’t responsible for paying your lawyer any fees.
Do not wait to file a wrongful death claim. If you are still searching for a wrongful death lawyer Maine offers, contact David Bate Law Office at (207) 945-3233.