Car Accident Lawyer Bangor ME
The law offices of David Bate is your source for a car accident lawyer Bangor ME drivers turn to when they’ve been injured by a negligent driver. David Bate may help you recover damages that you are entitled to by law.
If insurance companies are stalling when they should have already sent you a check, call David Bate for a free consultation. David Bate is a Bangor ME car accident lawyer who gets results.
Do’s and Don’ts During the Insurance Claims Process
If you’ve suffered serious injuries from a car accident that was caused by someone else, you may have to go through the claims process for financial compensation. After a review of your case, a car accident lawyer in Bangor ME, such as David Bate, may provide you with more details. Every car accident is different. However, here are some general guidelines to follow.
- Seek medical attention. Keep any documentation given to you regarding your treatment, prescriptions, receipts, etc. If you hire a car accident lawyer Bangor ME can provide, your lawyer may ask for this documentation.
- If possible, while still at the accident scene, take photos of the vehicles involved, including your own. If you are injured, request someone else at the scene take the photos. Get witness names and contact information. If possible, record witness statements using the video function on your cell phone.
- Take videos and photos of your injuries. If your condition worsens, or swelling takes place, take more videos and photos. The key is to document in a visual way how the injury affects you.
- Contact your insurance agent to notify them only that you were involved in a car accident. Keep the call brief and to the point. Provide them with the contact information for the at-fault driver as well as their insurance information, if you have it.
- Take notes of the conversation with your insurance company. Include details such as the name and phone number of who you talked to, the date, time and what was discussed during the call.
- Review your insurance policy, in particular the Exclusion and Coverage sections.Make copies for your attorney if possible.
- Contact a respected car accident lawyer Bangor ME drivers recommend, such as David Bate at (207) 945-3233. If you are confined to a hospital because of your car accident injury, David may arrange to see you before you’re discharged, if necessary.
- DO NOT: Provide a written or recorded statement to your insurer or to the at-fault driver’s insurer until after you have spoken with a car accident lawyer Bangor ME motorists trust. Your attorney may advise you on what is safe to discuss. Far too many insurance companies have little regard for the rights of injury victims.
- DO NOT: Accept a settlement offer from the insurance company before your attorney has reviewed it. The first settlement amount offered may be too low.
- DO NOT: Delay in speaking to an attorney. That could cause you to miss the statute of limitations deadline, which almost always nulls your right to file a claim.
- DO NOT: Hesitate to contact the David Bate Law Office. We invite you to make an appointment for a free consultation with David Bate, a car accident lawyer Bangor ME residents are grateful to have in the community.