Car Accident Lawyer Maine
If you were injured in a car accident, a car accident lawyer Maine residents trust like David Bate, may be able to help. He has successfully represented injured clients since 1994 and may be able to assist you. You deserve justice for the injuries you suffered.
Important Evidence for Car Accident Cases
As a car accident lawyer in Maine can attest, sufficient evidence can help your car accident claim. Here is some evidence you may want to gather for your case:
- Police Report: If the police responded to the car accident scene, they made a police report. This report includes important information about the accident such as where it happened and who was involved. Do not forget to ask for a copy of this report.
- Photos of Accident Scene: A car accident lawyer Maine locals respect may recommend taking several photos of the accident scene. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words. Make sure to take photos of any skid marks, traffic lights, and stop signs.
- Medical Records: As a car accident lawyer Maine residents count on can confirm, medical records are essential in a car accident claim. These records include what injuries you suffered, what types of treatments you require, and other important information. Medical records can show the court that you were truly hurt and required medical treatment to recover.
- Contact Information of Witnesses: Individuals who saw the accident can be a big help in your case. That’s why it is important to get their names and contact information before you leave the scene. They may be able to testify on your behalf in court.
Why Hiring a Lawyer May Be Important
If you plan to file a car accident lawsuit, it may be to your benefit to hire a reputable Maine car accident lawyer. A lawsuit can be tricky to navigate on your own. Here are a few additional reasons you may want to hire legal representation:
- Offer Objectivity: Being involved in a car accident can be stressful and cause you to feel a wide range of emotions. When you are overly emotional, you might not always make the right decisions. That is what a lawyer is there for. A car accident lawyer can step in and prevent you from making poor decisions, like accepting a low settlement offer.
- Complete and Submit Paperwork: Filing a lawsuit involves filling out a lot of paperwork. Some of the documents may include terminology you don’t understand. A lawyer may help you fill out this paperwork accurately, so that your case does not get delayed. Your lawyer can also submit the paperwork to the proper recipient and meet all deadlines.
- Communicate with Insurance Company: A car accident lawyer Maine locals depend on may also communicate with the insurance company on your behalf. He may try to negotiate a fair settlement out of court. If the insurance company doesn’t agree to a fair settlement, your lawyer may advise that you go to trial.
Don’t wait to hire legal representation for your car accident case. If you are searching for a car accident lawyer Maine offers, contact David Bate at 207-904-5449.