Lawyer Bangor ME
When you need a lawyer Bangor ME relies on, the time to call is now. The legal team at the David Bate law office is available to meet with you and discuss whatever legal issue you may be facing. When you need a skilled lawyer in Bangor ME, we’re the firm to call.
A professional lawyer Bangor ME clients recommend understands that there is no harm in seeking clarity at the beginning of a difficulty, whether it is a criminal investigation or a personal injury. The sooner you speak to counsel, the sooner you will get action and answers. The initial consultation is free and with no obligation.
Call my office anytime. On weekends, holidays, or after hours, you can call my cell phone, 207-478-1093. If I cannot answer immediately, leave a text or a voice message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If I am in court when you call, my secretary, Debra, will text me and I will contact you during my next break.
A skilled lawyer Bangor ME community members depend on knows that delays in calling counsel can cost you. Crucial evidence and witnesses may disappear. Deadlines may pass. The opposing side may be solidifying its position through investigation and research that can permanently prejudice your case. As a lawyer Bangor ME trusts, I will help you navigate these uncertain waters.
If you are dealing with a legal matter, you may want to contact a lawyer Bangor ME residents trust, such as David Bate. He has been helping individuals like yourself with various legal issues since 1994. With a reputable lawyer like David Bate on your side, you may have peace of mind about your situation.
Reasons to Hire a Lawyer
Dealing with a legal matter on your own can be quite overwhelming. That is what a lawyer in Bangor ME is there for. Let’s take a look at some good reasons to work with an experienced lawyer:
- The Law Is Complicated: There are very few things that are as complicated as the law. If you do not have a legal background and try to tackle your case on your own, you may make things a lot worse. A lawyer Bangor ME locals respect has spent years in school studying the law and knows it in and out.
- A Lawyer Knows How to Properly Fill Out Legal Documents: Legal documents can be long and complex. If you do not have a legal background, you may not understand some of the language in this paperwork and make a few errors. An experienced lawyer knows how to properly fill out all of these documents and can help you avoid making unnecessary errors.
- A Lawyer Knows How to Challenge Evidence: If a piece of evidence being used against you was not properly obtained, a lawyer Bangor ME residents rely on may know how to challenge it and get it thrown out.
- Not Having a Lawyer May Cost You More: Some people shy away from hiring a lawyer because they think it will cost too much money. However, not having legal representation may actually cost you more in the long run. For example, if you have criminal charges against you and do not have a lawyer, you may be more likely to spend time in prison or pay heavy fines.
Questions to Ask During a Consultation With a Lawyer
Before you hire a Bangor lawyer, it is important to find out about his skills and experience. You can do that by asking the right questions at the initial consultation. Here are several questions you may want to ask a lawyer Bangor ME residents depend on during a consultation:
- How long have you been a lawyer?
- Where did you attend law school?
- Will you be the only attorney working on my case?
- Who is your typical client?
- What types of cases do you typically handle?
- How will you let me know what’s happening with my case?
- How many cases do you currently have?
- Do you believe I have a strong case?
- Are there other ways to solve my legal issue?
- What are your fees?
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your case. Not having a lawyer may cost you more later on. If you are searching for a lawyer Bangor ME offers, you may want to contact David Bate at 207-945-3233.
How a Lawyer Bangor ME Residents Count on Can Help
Lawyer fees are more formidable when they are a mystery. If yours is an accident case, then you will not owe a lawyer fee unless I collect a recovery for you. If you are under investigation or have been charged with a crime, we can discuss my fee after a few minutes of phone conversation.
If your case falls outside my practice areas, I am happy to talk to you and refer you to appropriate counsel. I have practiced law in Maine since 1992, so I am familiar with lawyers in all fields of practice. There is no charge to you for this referral. Give a call to a top lawyer Bangor ME has known for years.
My office is easy to find, just across from the post office and jail in Bangor. If you are unable to meet during business hours, I can arrange other times. If you are unable to travel, I can come to you. The only important part is that we start talking about your case to make sure you are taking advantage of important opportunities and not falling into the many traps awaiting the unrepresented.
I believe that trust and dedication are the very least a client expects and deserves from hired counsel. You can communicate with me at any time. You will have my cell phone number. I understand that if a lawyer is involved in your life, something personal and potentially catastrophic is happening to you. It is a great honor to be trusted to tend to the legal affairs of those in need. I strive every day to be the lawyer Bangor ME turns to when their lives are in upheaval.
Clients from out of state, or even out of the country, often call me to resolve old criminal cases, assist family members in the area, or represent their college-aged children. I can produce sound, tangible results skillfully and quickly. If I am in trial and unable to give your case the full and immediate attention it deserves, I will find you a lawyer who can. If you need to speak to a lawyer Bangor ME trusts, look no further.
What Type of Legal Issues Can We Help With?
We understand that situations arise that may seriously impact your life, not only in the present, but also in the future. That is why we work diligently for each and every one of our clients, not matter what the legal matter is that they are facing.
Accidents happen in life and people get hurt, but when the accident and injuries are caused by another party’s negligence or recklessness, the results for victims and their families can be devastating. Not only are they dealing with the pain and suffering of their injury, they may also be faced with overwhelming financial burdens from being unable to work. This is why many victims turn to a skilled lawyer Bangor ME clients recommend.
Some of the different types of personal injury cases we assist clients with include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Work-related injuries;
- Premises liability cases, such as slip and fall accidents;
- Defective product liability;
- Wrongful death; and
- Defamation, libel, and slander.
There are many types of damages for which personal injury victims can recover their costs. Some of those damages have a concrete dollar value, such as medical expenses, while others need to be determined by the courts. Some of the damages you may be entitled to collect through your personal injury or wrongful death claim include:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages and benefits;
- Pain and suffering;
- Funeral and burial expenses; and
- Punitive damages.
Most people put their faith in their doctors and other medical personnel, expecting that they will do everything they can to keep them safe and free from harm. But when preventable medical errors, a failure to diagnose or other mistakes occur, the effects on a patient can be catastrophic. According to national statistics, preventable medical errors are the third leading cause of death among hospital patients. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to the negligence of medical staff, we can help in getting those responsible to answer for those injuries, both legally and financially.
Life happens and people make mistakes. We help clients get through Maine’s criminal justice system, obtaining the best outcome possible. Whether it is driving while under the influence, drug charges, or any other criminal prosecution, we can help you get through the process. We also work aggressively to fight against overzealous prosecutors and police when clients are wrongfully accused of criminal activity.
Call a Dedicated Bangor Lawyer Today
No matter what the legal issue is that you are facing, we may be able to help. Contact a lawyer Bangor ME provides today at (207) 945-3233 for your free consultation with David Bate.