Personal Injury Lawyer Maine
We Represent Personal Injury Victims
A Maine personal injury lawyer may protect the rights of those who have been wrongfully injured. The David Bate Law Office is experienced with handling the most complex personal injury cases, even those that involve multiple parties. Call our office at (207) 945-3233 for a free consultation with David Bate.
Though financial restitution can’t erase the pain and inconvenience of a serious injury, it may offset the costs of medical bills and other damages. Victims of personal injuries caused by someone else’s negligence should not have to be injured financially as well. David Bate is a personal injury lawyer in Maine who understands this. He fights hard for his clients so that they have a fair chance of receiving the maximum amount of compensation possible.
As a personal injury lawyer Maine injury victims turn to for legal representation, David Bate has handled many types of personal injury claims. His thorough understanding of the law and his ability to navigate complex legal issues make him a formidable attorney. Whether it requires a settlement negotiation or courtroom litigation, the David Bate Law Office is qualified to handle the following types of personal injury cases:
- Medical malpractice;
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents while working (whether on or off the job site);
- Defective products liability;
- Wrongful death;
- Slander, libel, and defamation; and
- Slip and fall accidents.
Without a personal injury lawyer Maine victims might not recover damages from an accident that was not their fault. Though the negligent party may be responsible for paying the victim’s costs, this is not always possible without hiring an experienced attorney. The David Bate Law Office may help you build a solid personal injury case. A strong case can be more likely to persuade the insurance company to settle. If they don’t offer fair compensation for your damages, an experienced lawyer like David Bate may take them to court. Here is a short list of damages that he might pursue on your behalf as appropriate:
- Medical costs incurred since the accident as well as anticipated costs;
- Lost wages since the accident and anticipated losses of future earnings including bonuses, benefits, and stock options; and
- Pain and suffering.
In a wrongful death case, David Bate may also pursue:
- Funeral costs; and
- Punitive damages.
Whether you suffered a personal injury from a car accident or medical malpractice, you have a right to pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party. However, you only have a limited amount of time to file that lawsuit. In Maine, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is six years. That might seem like a long time, but it will go by sooner than you think. That is why it may be important to speak to a personal injury lawyer Maine residents trust as soon as possible. He may help you file a personal injury lawsuit within the deadline.
- Experience dealing with similar claims: An experienced personal injury lawyer has dealt with claims similar to yours in the past. Therefore, he knows what it takes to win a case. A personal injury lawyer Maine locals depend on may know what type of evidence you need for your case and whether or not you need to hire expert witnesses. If a personal injury lawyer in Maine determines that you do not have a good chance of winning your claim, he may advise you not to pursue the lawsuit.
- Offer objectivity: A personal injury does not just affect you physically. It can also lead to anger, sadness, and other emotions. When you are dealing with all these emotions, it can be difficult to think clearly and make good decisions. A personal injury lawyer Maine locals respect can step in and prevent you from making bad decisions, like choosing to settle too early.
- Communicate with the insurance company: If you have pursued a personal injury claim, the insurance company will likely try to persuade you to take the lowest possible settlement. A personal injury lawyer Maine residents count on has experience communicating with insurance companies and won’t let them take advantage of you. If an insurance company isn’t willing to offer a fair settlement, your lawyer may take the case to court.
- No upfront fees: The majority of personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you do not have to worry about owing your lawyer any money upfront. If a Maine personal injury lawyer wins your case, he will take a percentage of your winnings.
- Assistance with paperwork: Filing a personal injury lawsuit comes with a mountain of paperwork. Some of these documents may contain legal jargon that you are not familiar with. If you make an error in these documents, you could delay your case. A personal injury lawyer Maine offers may help you fill out this paperwork in a timely manner and avoid making mistakes.